search archive
browse archive Up

Calcasieu

Object Type: Folder
In Folder: Lumberyards


View Gallery

Title
Description
Date

View of laborers on a rooftop working with lumber from Calcasieu Lumber mill

undated

A composite image of the façade of Calcasieu Lumber Company and an aerial view of the buildings on the site, with labels.

undated

Group of men from Calcasiue Lumber Company working indoors.

undated

Employee group photograph taken at Calcasieu Lumber on August 16, 1930. ID on back

1930-08-16

Store front of the Calcasieu Lumber Company with men posing in front. Back reads: "On June 29, 1883, the Drake brother opened their small lumber company near the Colorado River at second and Guadalupe..."

1883-06-29

Calcasieu Lumber Company employee group photograph taken at Zilker Park with a Blatz keg of beer in foreground, 1934. Photo sleeve contains letter from Jimmie Farrell describing the photograph and a partial ID.

1934

Men are standing out in front of the Calcasieu lumber store with a horse and buggy, and a horse and wagon.

undated

Four workmen are in the Calcasieu mill and one man, identified as Joe Miller, is cutting a piece of lumber.

1923

Several men are in the Calcasieu mill among carved capitals that are to be installed at the state hospital and the Pennybacker house.

undated

The interior of the Calcasieu Store with displays of paint and other building materials. There are four men in the back of the frame and a wood stove.

undated

Powered by Preservica
© Copyright 2022, Austin History Center, Austin Public Library